Tuesday, October 03, 2006

is going abroad addictive?

FINALLY i handed in my thesis last week. so right now it's not much more than partying every day and waiting for my grade. and apart from all the alcohol, my head is quite free. it's been a year now that i left for tokyo. without any doubt this was the most exciting year of my life. inspiring people, fun, disappointment, conclusions, friends, weird places, frustration and most important: challenges. i'm not quite sure what it was that left this strange feeling. japan or washington or mexiko - or just all the challenges, that those places offered to me. but there's one thing for sure: compared to the last year, the time i'm having right now is pretty boring. so how should i move on? go abroad, try to find a 9-5 job in austria, working my ass off in an i-bank or consulting company, start with a phd? i'll try to find out a.s.a.p. - the first applications are on their way.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Géraldine said...

I hope that you found the "inspiring people" and "fun" in DC (hint hint) ... As for the complicated life decision dilemma you're facing, I say disregard with upmost contempt any 9-5 job and go for the "abroad" option, you're on a roll ... as Queen very wisely put it ... "Can't stop you know, You're having such a good time, You're having a ball ..."
Classic.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Und wieder ein arbeitsloser Akademiker mehr im Land - im Ländle gibt´s anscheinend noch Jobs!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home